Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure used to rejuvenate your skin to restore a smoother, more youthful appearance. It is typically used to soften wrinkles, scars, acne scarring, liver spots, birthmarks, and improve your face’s tone and complexion.
Also known as a laser peel, laser skin resurfacing is performed methodically, remodeling the outer layer of your skin using targeted laser energy. As the outer layer of your skin (epidermis) is treated, the skin beneath it (dermis) is stimulated to produce a new outer layer. The new epidermis that replaces your original damaged skin creates a smoother and more vibrant appearance, allowing you to look and feel your best.
Is Laser Skin Resurfacing Right for You?
There are varying layers of skin treatments defined by the level of damage on your skin and the appearance you are seeking to achieve. Regardless of age, laser skin resurfacing may be right for you if:
- Your skin is wrinkled or sun-damaged
- Your skin is discolored or blemished
- You have acne, or acne scarring
- You have birthmarks or other superficial markings on your skin
If you think laser resurfacing may be the right option for you, the first step is scheduling your free one on one with our facial experts experienced in laser resurfacing. A double board certified plastic surgeon at ImageLift will evaluate your skin to determine the resurfacing technique that is ideal for you.
What Should You Expect with Laser Skin Resurfacing?
If you are considering laser skin resurfacing, having the appropriate expectations set prior to treatment is important. There are a few things to keep in mind before deciding upon this treatment:
- Topical numbing for laser treatments is usually ineffective. We have heard from too many patients that have had topical numbing only at other locations. It is much better to let an expert numb your face with dental blocks and local anesthesia than use topical numbing creams.
- Laser resurfacing does not require the administration of IV sedation or general anesthesia. The performance of the procedure should be relatively painless. During the recovery process, we provide you with medications to alleviate any itching, tingling, or burning you may feel on your skin.
- Your recovery time and results will vary based upon the depth of treatment. During the recovery process, your skin will be pink and sensitive to the touch.
How are the Results with Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Results that can be expected from laser skin resurfacing will vary on a case-by-case basis, depending on the depth of treatment and severity of damage to your skin. After recovering, your epidermis will be replaced with a new layer of healthy skin, with improved texture and color.
Remember, many providers offer Laser Skin Resurfacing, and few are EXPERT at achieving artistic results. Don’t settle for less when it comes to your face. Our physicians are double board-certified facial plastic surgeons.
If you are interested in finding out more information call one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 877.346.2435 today! Click here to visit our contact us page!